Mixing prints can be kind of tricky! When I work with clients I introduce how to do it it phases, that way you can dip a toe in to start and when you’re ready, take the concept even deeper. Here are 7 tips to start and a great visual tool to help you try it at home. The examples below are of outfits I think are perfectly balanced and fun!
7 Tips to Start Trying…
- Choose one print to dominate and one as an accent.
- Mix prints of different scales.
- Keep your fabrics in the same color family.
- Pick two different prints that share a single color.
- Pair mixed prints with neutrals for an easy vibe.
- If you want to use the same pattern, invert the colors.
Do you mix prints or are you intimidated to try? Be honest, there’s no wrong answer