Packing for a vacation can be stressful. Check out my 7 tips on packing a light suitcase full of all the essentials to make some great travel outfits. What to pack can be super easy when you make a few important decisions that won’t way down your bags or your mind.
7 tips for looking great:
- Only pack items that you LOVE. IF you won’t wear it at home you probably won’t want to wear it when you are traveling on vacation. It’s best to leave the outfits you aren’t crazy about in your closet.
- Wear your bulkiest items on the plane so they won’t steal all the space in your suitcase. Most planes can get a bit cold, so layering up is a good idea anyway.
- This one can be a hard tip to follow for all you ladies who love your shoes. I suggest only packing 3 pairs TOTAL! You might be thinking, “I can’t do that!”, but shoes take up a lot of space. Pack 2 in your suitcase and wear one pair on your feet.
- Keep mixing and matching easy by only bringing a minimum number of colored pieces. Pick a palette of two neutrals and a few standout shades to pair with them.
- Avoid wrinkles. No one wants to spend their vacation ironing shirts or pants. I recommend you bring knits rather than wovens, and prints rather than solids. A great tip to avoid creases caused by your suitcase is to roll your clothing up instead of folding it before you place it in your bags.
- A small leather pouch with a zipper is a great place to store your delicates. It will also come in handy as a cute clutch if you need one during your travels.
- Go with darker color outfits. Spots don’t show up as well on darker clothing, and you can wear them more than once if needed.
Get to packing and follow my tips on packing light and stylish. You deserve to look and feel great on your next vacation trip. HAPPY PACKING!
This is so timely!!!! I am putting my things together for our trip next week, and because you have given such great tips in the past and with this post, have eliminated a pair of shoes and an iffy dressy-dress. I think I can get by with the other knit things I have put together. I love the color palette idea, as well as the leather pouch for undies/evening bag! I will be wearing layers as well, cause those planes CAN get cool and we’ll be landing in 70 degree weather anyway! Thank you for such great ideas and helpful tips on planning a great vacay!
Have the best time on your trip! I’m glad you found this helpful!
P.S. LOVE the picture along with this post!!!! You KNOW navy blue stripes are my fav…AND I have that packed too!! 🙂