It’s holiday time and with that we’re approaching growing to-do lists, an increase in invites to gatherings, hostess gifts, gifting in general and the whole….what am I going to wear question. I know all of this can get overwhelming and sometimes just down right annoying, but look at the glass half full – and keep reminders for yourself!
Here are 5 things you can keep reminding yourself of this holiday season that will keep you happy, grateful and thanking yourself for your life and this time with a smile on your face…
- Remind yourself of what you loved about the holidays as a kid and recreate it again. Create the kind of moments you want to have, don’t wait for them to come to you.
- Remind yourself that you’re only one person, everyone understands that and that you can only do so much. Commit to the to-do’s and events you are really passionate about and send a thanks but no thanks to everything else. It’ll take a load off and allow you to really enjoy what you want without worrying about moving on to the next thing.
- Be at-one in your moments. Since you’re only doing what you’re most passionate about it, now its time to really enjoy doing it. Take deep breaths, look around, speak about what you love and leave out anything otherwise. Truly build a tranquil place in your mind for the things you love to do and your memory of those times will fill your heart all year long.
- Tell people how important they are to you, and believe it or not, they’ll return the favor. Be the kind of person you want to be around during the holidays, not the person people dread to share space with. The attitude of gratitude will not only help you mentally, but also physically. Its exhausting to complain and feel put out.
- Thank yourself for taking the time to really think and act in a way that keeps your energy and positive spirits up! It takes just as much effort for you to be in a bad mood as it does to be in a good mood. Kind of like it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Remember that and SMILE!!!
Most of all…allow yourself to really enjoy. Don’t get caught up in yourself or other people’s sadness for the season, be the light that shines so bright that everyone around you is effected. The results will keep you living this way everyday, then next year, the holidays won’t seem so ho-hum…
Need a little pick me up?
Let my new DIY Closet Course guide you from how you’re feeling to how you want to feel from the comfort of your own home, on your own time!
Enrollment opens December 1st for the newest Style School offering: the DIY Closet Course.
The DIY Closet Course is an online course that gives you the tools you need to make getting ready stress-free and fun again. With a full shopping list for a 90-day, seasonless capsule wardrobe, plus membership to the private Facebook group for the course, you can expect to make new friends, build your style confidence, and save time on figuring out what to wear.
The DIY Closet Course teaches you to shop with a plan so you have the mix-and-match pieces in your wardrobe to create outfits for any occasion with ease. It’s about changing your approach to getting dressed, and through that, changing the way you feel about yourself.
Still have questions?
Learn more about the course here